Using the following 2 steps, you could set up New Representative Office in Vietnam: #Step 1: Getting the License for establishment of RO. #Step 2: registering the seal sample and tax code. Hereinafter, we shall advise you on the procedure for setting up a RO in Viet Nam.
#Step 1: Getting the License for establishment of RO.
First of all, you need to submit the RO establishment dossier to the Industrial and Trade Portal in the city where your RO is placed.
The dossier must include:
- An application for establishing Representative Office (“RO”) in Vietnam (We shall provide you the sample of application)
- Copy of the Business Certificate or equivalent documents of the foreign company; legalized by Vietnamese Consular in your country;
- A letter of appointment of the head of the RO;
- The audited Financial Report of the last fiscal year;
- Copies of the passport or ID card (for Vietnamese) or copies of the passport (for foreigners) of the head of the representative office;
- Documents on the expected location of the representative office including:
- Certified copies of memorandum of understanding (MOU) or leasing agreements or documents as proof of the right to use a location as the representative office;
- Power of Attorney.
Within 07-10 working days from the filing date, you shall be granted the License for establishment of RO in Vietnam.
#Step 2: Registering the seal sample and tax code
After your RO is established, you need to register the seal sample and tax code of the RO. In particular:
1. Seal sample registration
According to Vietnamese law, the RO is not considered to be a business entity, therefore, you can not register the RO’s seal at the Department of Planning and Investment as usual.
This seal sample registration must be performed at the Police Station #PC64 of Vietnam. And the dossier must include:
- The License for establishment of RO;
- Power of Attorney
Within 02-03 working days: granting the seal sample and the certificate of seal registration.
2. Tax code registration
Within ten working days from the date granting License for establishment of RO; you must submit the dossier applying for the tax code.
The dosser must include:
- The tax code registration application
- Power of Attorney.
Within 05-07 working days, you shall be granted the tax identification number notification.